The next meeting of the BMFA Scotland Area Committee will take place on Tuesday 13th February at 7pm using Zoom.
To attend this meeting you must register in advance using the link below
Once registered the meeting joining instructions will be sent to you by email.
the Agenda for the meeting and minutes of the previous meeting are below.
1) Apologies for Absence
2)Attendance and Establishing Voting Strength
3) Minutes of Previous Meeting held on 5th January (Enclosed)
4) Matters arising
5) Reports from Officers
- Vice Chairman.. BMFA / SAA Meeting held on 17th January
d Area Delegate to BMFA
- Communications Officer & Webmaster
- Competition Secretary
- Outreach Coordinator
- Achievement Scheme Coordinator
6) The Fly In
8) Any other Business
9) Dates of future Meetings in 2024: ALL on a Tuesday
19th March, 16th April. 14th May, 18th June, 16th July, 20th August, 17th September, 22nd October, 19th November, 17th December
Minutes of ZOOM MEETING OF THE SCOTTISH BMFA CLUB REPRESENTATIVES- 5/1/24
CHAIRMAN: SIR BRIAN DONOHOE
CLUB REPRESENTATIVES IN ATTENDANCE:
- Iain Bell – Angus MFC
- David Fisher – Warrix Flying Group
- Neil Grayson – Kinross RMFC
- Roger Thompson – DOrnoch MFC
- Mike Gilfillan- Country Member representative
Apologies for absence :
- Roger Tomlin
- Ken Weatherstone
- Nick Reeves
- Al Carmichael
The following was put to the committee as the recommendation from the officers (meeting 3rd January 2024)
- Mileage reimbursement for BMFA Examiners based on reasonable travel distance upon proof of receipts for fuel within mainland Scotland.
- BMFA Examiners can travel to clubs and have expenses reimbursed so long as the examiner / requesting club have informed the Achievement Scheme Co-ordinator (Currently Andy Pirie) and subsequently the Treasurer is advised that an expense claim is to be submitted. (The Achievement Scheme Co-ordinator will, as long as reasonably practical, co-ordinate the closest examiner(s) to the requesting club to attend to make best use of available resources.)
- Expenses do not cover meals for standard agreed training days, meals will only be included in the ‘Special events’ per point 5 below.
- Expenses do not cover accommodation for standard agreed training days, accommodation will only be included in the ‘Special events’ per point 5 below.
- For non mainland Scotland locations (e.g. Isle of Lewis club), clubs will be required to request ‘special events’ as these will require BMFA Scotland to request additional ‘special funds’ by BMFA Scotland to BMFA central committee due to the remote nature of the Scottish Geography.
This was accepted unanimously.
BMFA /SAA DUAL INSURANCE
This is to be discussed at the next SAA/BMFA meeting on the 17th January
Our representative in attendance will be Alasdair Sutherland(Vice Chairman).
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
CORRESPONDENCE FROM OFFICERS
COMMENTS ON ANY OFFICERS REPORTS
DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
13th February 2024 at 7pm